Wednesday, July 11, 2012

West Seattle

The last Saturday I was in town, I decided to go to Alki Beach, which is in West Seattle. I heard it was a great place to go, and had one of the few beaches in the area. Not having a car made travel more difficult, and the bus system did not have a very good way to get there. When I left, it was sunny out, but it clouded over by the time I arrived at the beach. It was still very nice out, except the water was incredibly cold still.





One of the Ferries in the Sound
Cruise ship leaving the Sound


I walked the length of the beach over to the location of the water taxi, which runs between West Seattle and Downtown. While I was waiting for this, I noticed there were several jellyfish in the water right next to the dock. I never would have expected jellyfish in this water.


No comments:

Post a Comment