Sunday, May 27, 2012

First Fish

On Thursday, I was told by my preceptor about one of the better fish markets in town that is close to my house. However, by the time I was done with my work and looked it up at home, they were closed for the night. Friday I left work a little earlier and rushed over to the market and I just made it.

Salmon season is just starting, so I bought some Copper River salmon, which apparently is only in season for about a month out of the year. I am in town the right time I guess. For one of the most prized fish of the year, it was only $14/pound. Since I was worried about getting back home before my fish spoiled, I did not take any pictures at the market, but they had almost everything. Live oysters, crabs, lobster; and they even had swordfish.

Before
After (the fish is not burned, just the oil/lemon juices)
I tried to make a honey glaze from a recipe I found online. I put too much soy sauce in it, so I don't think I will try that again. The fish tastes great just with light seasoning and cooking on the lemon. 


As I was taking out the garbage, the sunset was quite nice for the night. 




No comments:

Post a Comment